Thursday, May 03, 2007

WEEKLY SKETCH INFO PAGE

Before I go any further I'd like to put out a big squishy welcome to our new members Shiar and Pete. And Also welcome to those folks who were here but only now got a chance to post. WELCOME! XD!

T
o quote Shard, it seems Weekly Sketch really is taking off nicely :3. I know everyone is very busy right now but you all seem to have found time to post this month. I'm very pleased ^____^.

I'd like to run over some concerns.

1) Some of you may have noticed that logging into Weekly Sketch has just about become impossible. If you are having this problem it's because you have not yet gotten a Gmail account. Apparently Blogger and Google has joined forces. I fought this change to the very last minute myself but had to give in or just not post ever again. I assume this is why about four persons are not posting at the moment. (I'm assuming...)

To reclaim your old account you must do the following.
a) Go to the front page of Blogger
b) Click 'Claim your old Blogger account.' (it's at the top of the page, look for it)
c) Follow the instructions that Blogger provides.


NB If you have lost your old password simply go ahead and make a new account with a gmail account. You can send me an email with your new name at kocagirl@yahoo.com and I'll add you. (Why this method? Some person might try 'pretending' to be one of you to get in the blog). I will then delete your old account (don't worry your old posts won't be affected).

2) I notice not everyone has at yet given themselves an Icon. It's quite easy to do this just poke around your personal blog until you find Profile and give yourself an Icon. I like being able to identify all the persons on this blog. Remember this your little nook, let's spruce it up shall we? The redesigning of the site will come soon I'm hoping.

Now on to other matters

I would like to propose to the Weekly Sketch something Shard suggested. He called it *flips through notes* Pass the Canvas. Where several persons would work on one piece. Of course, this is an exercise purely for fun and should not be entered if you are afraid of your work being altered, erased etc. Here's a link to the rules written by Shard himself :3 They are very clear and emphasizes on not taking Pass the Canvas too seriously. Read if interested and give a shout. It makes no sense to try if at least three people aren't interested.

Now my proposal. ^_^

I've had this on the agenda for a long time but decided to see how you all liked the water first. I'd like to propose a monthly theme. Where you upload at least one picture for the month that has to do with the subject presented. Of course this is optional. We certainly don't want to force it on anyone. But it provide inspiration for some. I'll upload the theme tonight and see if anyone likes it. If it kicks off we can all throw suggestions in and draw lots.

5 comments:

Darke Shard said...

Hahahaha, the doodle.

I think it's actually possible to log in using your old Blogger account, and in any case if you need a G-mail account it'd help if a G-mailer sent out invites.

Also, I should let this post sit on the top of the page for a day or two before I start making a new post.

Anonymous said...

you can log in with your old account true but then they basically trap you in limbo. Annoying @__@

DRIMI said...

^_^ I like both ideas.

is there any way the canvas pictures can be saved in the same poste, so you can see how it evolvs?

Awsome!

:P

TJ-Kun said...

I really like the mothly theme idea XD...i'll be poting it once it's up :3

Patchwerk said...

I also like the monthly theme idea. =D We should really think of one. o_o