Sunday, May 13, 2007

How I work on a commission....

Sigh... it's been a long day. Exhausted and really should be in bed. But I suddenly realized that a book commission was due on Wednesday and I hadn't gotten further than the initial layout sketch. thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and upload how I undertake a commission.
Here I tried not to worry too much about details, just some quick doodles to know what I was drawing and where everything would go. Including where the writing of the story will be. There's going to be a lot of Jamaican plants and flowers on the lower right there (beside the Doctor Bird).


Going into some details now. I have a basic idea of how I want my lion to look, I'm giving him a dreadlocks mane (gasp) but I think it'll look cool on him and be a nice connection to Rastafarianism without being too gaudy. The goats are still not fleshed out and you can tell by how faintly I've drawn them. Never actually drawn a goat before @__@;; No wait! I have... but it wasn't a very good goat. Anyway... Added some rough flat colours so get an idea on how this will look with colour. Everything needs to be more lush but that'll come later. Doctor bird disappeared for now but that's okay, I know he's supposed to be there and will probably put him in last.

That's my current work at the moment. Anyone want to see more as I progress? :3

No comments: